For resources, information and current statistics, visit the official Team Kentucky source for information concerning COVID-19 at kycovid19.ky.gov.
COVID-19 Hotline: (800) 722-5725
Have Questions? Ask Rowan Co. Emergency Management.
During this time, we understand you may have questions about everyday issues, such as grocery delivery, prescription pick-up or taking your pet to the vet. Submit your question and we will do our best to find an answer for you as quickly as possible.
Kentucky has begun the phased reopening of health care services under Gov. Beshear’s Healthy at Work initiative, which outlines public health benchmarks for reopening our economy that closely follow the White House’s Guidelines for Reopening America.
- May 11 – Manufacturing, construction, vehicle and vessel dealerships, professional services (at 50% of pre-outbreak capacity), horse racing (without spectators), pet grooming and boarding
- May 20 – Retail, houses of worship
- May 25 – Social gatherings of no more than 10 people, barbers, salons, cosmetology businesses and similar services
Food assistance and unemployment resources
We understand that many of our citizens are suffering. We have compiled this list of resources to assist those affected to file a claim and request food assistance programs.
Grocery Delivery and Curbside Pick-up
- Curbside Pick-up
- We have received several questions regarding pick-up at Walmart. It is currently unavailable. Kroger, however, does offer click list through their mobile app or online. For more information about curbside pickup through Kroger, visit www.kroger.com/i/ways-to-shop/pickup.
- Grocery Delivery
- The only option for grocery delivery, at this time, is InstaCart. Kroger is the only store that is included, presently. For more information, visit instacart.com.
How can I help?
- You WILL make a difference in our community by practicing safe guidelines.
- If you have personal protective equipment (PPE) to donate, contact Rowan Co. Emergency Management.
- Food banks are working to assist our community, but they need your help. Please donate.
- Donate to the Morehead-Rowan County COVID-19 Response Fund that will provide critical support to our vulnerable citizens:
The coronavirus is thought to spread mainly from person to person through close contact (within 6 feet.) The virus spreads easily. Practice these safety guidelines and keep Morehead-Rowan County safe:
- Practice social distancing (about 6 feet); avoid contact with others and stay home.
- Wear a mask if you are in public.
- Do not gather in groups of any size, stay healthy at home.
- Limit trips to the grocery, etc. to one person per family.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you frequently touch (such as phones, doorknobs, remote controls, etc.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay informed on how to keep Morehead-Rowan Co. safe.